If your questions aren’t answered here, just give us a call! 860-354-5030
Welcome to Buck's Rock Performing and Creative Arts Adult and Family Camp August 22-28, 2018!
***The Adult and Family Camp is a Pilot Program, our ability to hold Adult and Family camp in 2018 will depend on receiving sufficient enrollment and hiring staff for the additional week. We reserve the right to cancel Adult and Family Camp. If we cancel Adult and Family Camp, we will refund all deposits and tuition paid for Adult and Family Camp. We will make a final decision by June 1st, 2018 if not sooner.
We are excited to be offering our first Adult and Family Camp at Buck's Rock. We have received many requests for this program. If you would like to enroll in our 2018 Adult and Family Camp program, please understand the following constraints.
1. This is a new program. Offering this program is contingent on sufficient enrollment. If we do not receive sufficient enrollment, and we are not able to offer the program, all tuition payments will be refunded.
2. This is a Pilot Program. We have a very good idea about what Adult and Family Camp will look and feel like at Buck's Rock, but there will be some growing pains and we ask you to bear with us both in the enrollment process and during attendance.
3. This summer we are offering one Adult and Family Camp program combined. You are welcome to come if you are are an adult(s) without children. You are welcome to come as a family with your children. Please understand that there will be children in attendance and participating in the program. We hope to offer separate Adult Camps and Family Camps in the future.
4. If you are bringing your children, they are your responsibility. There will be no separate programs for your children. If they are of camper age, 9-17 years old, they may work in the shops independently. If they are eight years old and younger you must supervise them AT ALL TIMES. This is Family Camp, a time to go to camp with your family. It is not Club Med where you will leave your children with us so that you can blow glass or weave your blanket. We recommend that if you bring young children that you come with a spouse, partner or friend so that you can take turns supervising your young children. It is also great fun to attend shops with your children and watch them discover the excitement of dance, theater, music, ceramics, woodworking, jewelry making, etc.
5. Children that are not at least the age of our Junior Campers (9 years old) will not be able to participate in the "Hot Shops" i.e. Glassblowing, Flameworking, etc. However, there are many activities that will be available for children 8 years old and younger. 9-year-olds and older will be able to participate in all Buck's Rock Shops.